We follow the sanitary instructions of Public Health in order to offer you a covid friendly environment. We have made some changes to the rooms and common areas to welcome you safely. One thing is certain, we'll always respect our mission to offer affordable stays, especially in this time of economic uncertainty.
Keep in touch by connecting with us on Facebook, Instagram or subscribing to our newsletter!
You have a reservation :
- Keep your distance (at least 1 metre apart)
- While it's always good to see you, please stay home and cancel your stay if your or a family member has symptoms of Covid-19 (cough, fever, breathing difficulties, pneumonia) ;
- When you arrive, you may be asked questions about Covid-19. Your access may be denied if you have been in contact with an infected person or if you travelled outside the country within the last 14 days ;
- Know that we have implemented important measures to protect the the health and safety of all our travelers ;
- We invite you to respect these measures at all times ;
- We have developed a contingency plan in the event that a client experiences symptoms or is tested positive for Covid-19.
What hygiene measures are in place, especially with regard to cleaning the premises?
- We strive to provide a safe environment for all our travelers and employees. The hygiene, cleaning and disinfection measures comply with all the recommendations of the National Institute of Public Health (INSPQ). Among other things, we have redesigned our common spaces to promote respect of physical distancing, increased the frequency of cleaning and disinfection of our facilities (our hands no longer love us) and we make sure that everyone respects the hygiene measures put in place.
Have there been any changes to your services and activities? Are there places that are no longer accessible?
- Yes, we modified some of our services. We have made changes to ensure that the facilities were meeting the rules of hygiene and physical distancing.
During my stay, what should I do if I notice that people are not respecting the measures in place?
- We must be warned! We want to make sure the environment is safe for everyone.
What should I do if I or someone in my family starts to experience symptoms of Covid-19 during our stay?
- Once again, we must be warned! Measures are in place and we will tell you how to proceed.
Have people with Covid-19 attended your facility?
- We can confirm that there has been no outbreak among our travelers or our staff.
New measures and changes at the Magog-Orford youth hostel
- During Covid, we were offering breakfats in a "take-out" form rather than in its traditional self-service form. Now, we are back to normal with the self-service form untill further notice.
- The kitchen is open.
- We have strengthened our maintenance service and regularly clean bathrooms or places with more frequent use. We also pay special attention to sensitive areas such as handles, handrails and common surfaces.
Simple, fast and efficient reception
- We make sure to respect a 2 meters distance when you arrive and to do everything in a simple and efficient way. Although this incurs additional charges for us, we encourage payment by credit or debit card. And have no fear regarding the reception, we are still present and available to answer all your questions!
- Our common areas such as living rooms and dining rooms are still open, but their capacity has been reduced in order to respect hygiene and distancing rules.
- Posters, arrows and instructions are available to all travelers to help them understand the situation and respect hygiene and distancing rules.
Protection of travelers and employees
- In addition to all the changes made to help respect physical distancing, handwashing stations have been added to the hostel.
- All employees have been trained on hygiene protocols and procedures.
Full capacity dorms
- The dorms are open : 8 persons in the mixed dorm of 6 persons in the female dorm
Page updated regurlarly - Last update November 25 2022