We are temporarily closed...
The Eastern Townships entered the Level 4 - Maximum alert on November 12, 2020. The arrival in this level of alert unfortunately forces us to temporarily close our doors since we are a youth hostel.
However, note that stays of 31 nights and more (monthly) are allowed! If you want more information on this subject, consult our "Longterm stay" tab, or contact us directly by email : email@example.com.
We can't wait to welcome you again!
We are open in alert level 1, 2 and 3 !
We follow the sanitary instructions of Public Health in order to offer you a covid friendly environment. We have made some changes to the rooms and common areas to welcome you safely. On thing is certain, we'll always respect our mission to offer affordable stays, especially in this time of economic uncertainty.
Keep contact by Facebook, Instagram or subscribe to our newsletter.
You have a reservation :
- While it's always good to see you, please stay home and cancel your stay if your or a family member has symptoms of Covid-19 (cough, fever, breathing difficulties, pneumonia) ;
- When you arrive, you may be asked questions about Covid-19. Your access may be denied if you have been in contact with an infected perosn or if you travaelled outside the country within the last 14 days ;
- Know that we have implemented important measures to protect the the health and safety of all our travelers ;
- We invite you to respect these measures at all times ;
- We have developed a contingency plan in the event that a client experiences symptoms or is tested positive for Covid-19.
What hygiene measures are in place, especially with regard to cleaning the premises?
- We strive to provide a safe environment for all our travelers and employees. The hygiene, cleaning and desinfection measures comply with all the recommendations of the National Institute of Public Health (INSPQ). Among other things, we have redesigned our common spaces to promote respect of physical distancing, increased the frequency of cleaning and desinfection of our facilities (our hands no longer love us) and we make sure that everyone respects the hygiene measures put in place.
Have there been any changes to your services and activities? Are there places that are no longer accessible?
- Yes we modified some of our services (see more complete section coming soon). We have made changes to ensure that the facilities were meeting the rules of hygiene and physical distancing.
During my stay, what should I do if I notice that people are not respecting the measures in place?
- We must be warned! We want to make sure the environment is safe for everyone.
What should I do if I or someone in my family starts to experience symptoms of Covid-19 during our stay?
- Once again, we must be warned! Measures are in place and we will tell you how to proceed.
Have people with Covid-19 attended your facility?
- We can confirm that there has been no outbreak among our travelers or our staff.
New measures and changes at the Magog-Orford youth hostel
Breakfast offered in "take-out"
- We have decided to continue offering the breakfast service. It is now offered in a "take-out" form rather than in its traditional self-service form.
Kitchen open by reservation
- The kitchen is open but by reservation. You can reserve your time slot for lunch or dinner upon arrival. We operate on a first come, first served basis. Also, refriferators have been added to the dining room and upstairs to allow you to keep your food cool without having to go to the kitchen.
- We have strenghtened our maintenance service and regurlarly clean bathrooms or places with more frequent use. We also pay special attention to sensitive areas such as handles, handrails and common surfaces.
Simple, fast and efficient reception
- We make sure to respect a 2 meters distance when you arrive and to do everything in a simple and efficient way. Although this incurs additional charges for us, we encourage payment by credit or debit card. And have no fear regarding the reception, we are still present and available to answer all your questions!
- Our common areas such as living rooms and dining rooms are still open, but their capacity has been reduced in order to respect hygiene and distancing rules.
- Posters, arrows and instructions are available to all travelers to help them understand the situation and respect hygiene and distancing rules.
Protection of travelers and employees
- In addition to all the changes made to help respect physical distancing, handwashing stations have been added to the hostel and we have face coverings on sale at reception.
- All employees have been trained on hygiene protocols and procedures.
Smaller capacity dorms
- The dorms are open to a maximum of two different households and with respect to the two meters distancing. It is also possible to book the entire dormitory if you are a family or a small group (6 maximm) made up of thwo different addresses.
Page updated regurlarly - Last update October 16th 2020